You are here
Phenomenal Photo Fridays Photo Contest
Calling all travel photogs, This is our second week of our weekly Phenomenal Photo Fridays photo contest. Send in your best travel photo that represents the week's topic by midnight Thursday, March 27th, and we will choose a winner and post their image on our blog. What's more, we will choose three outstanding photos from previous contests and publish them in our next issue for the world to admire. Creativity is encouraged. The winner will not only go down in history as a totally awesome photographer, but will also have a chance to be featured in an Immersion Travel Magazine issue!
Our second Phenomenal Photo Friday contest topic is... drum roll:
This topic was inspired by World Water Day, celebrated on March 22, and the Travelers Against Plastic campaign that works tirelessly to inspire travelers to fill reusable water bottles instead of buying bottled water.
1. Images must be genuine. No Photoshop editing that takes out, adds in or changes anything that was in the original scene. (We have a killer photo editor who can tell if images have been tampered with, so no funny business.)
2. Images must be in focus and must be no more than 1,000 pixels in length on the longest side.
3. No animals, creepy crawlies, plants, or humans can be harmed for the purpose of creating the photograph. (Be cool.)
4. You are allowed to submit 1 image every week and you must include: your name (no pseudonyms please), your age (you must be over 18 to enter), a caption for the image, the location the image was taken, and your jpeg image. These materials should be submitted by email to email@example.com. Your subject must say "Phenomenal Photo Fridays Photo Contest (weekly topic)"
5. Our Creative Director, Christopher Scotti, will be determining who makes the cut and will post results Friday nights.
6. Even if you don't win, your photograph may be selected to be featured in an issue. Please keep a full sized RAW or Jpeg file as we may request one in the event we decide to feature your image.
Legal jazz: By submitting your photograph into the contest you are agreeing to allow Immersion Travel Magazine LLC to use your image in any published materials including but not limited to: advertisements and promotional materials, issues or periodical publications and social media outlets. We believe in giving credit where credit is due and will always give credit for images you submit. Be sure to double check the spelling of your name upon submission so we can publish it properly. In instances where we would normally purchase images, the photographer will be contacted about compensation for the use of their image. If your think an image has been used by Immersion Travel Magazine LLC without credit please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so we can remedy the situation. Thank you in advance for your submissions and we look forward to seeing all of your wonderful photos this week!
Example for what your submission email should contain:
Photographer: Christopher Scotti
Age: 24 (We will not publish your age if your photo wins.)
Location: Wli Falls, Volta Region, Ghana
Caption: Wli Falls sits near Ghana's border with Togo. You can reach the falls by taking a short hike through the Wli Nature Reserve, though getting to the upper falls can take the better part of a day.