You are here
Phenomenal Photo Fridays
Calling all travel photogs,
We are on our fourth Phenomenal Photo Fridays photo contest and we have been enjoying all of the beautiful submissions that have been sent in. Up until now, we have been hosting new contests each week, but a single week doesn't leave much time to travel and take new photos, so we are extending our contests to twice a month. Send in your best travel photo that represents the week's topic by midnight Thursday, April 17th, and we will choose a winner and post their image on our blog. What's more, we will choose a few outstanding photos from previous contests and publish them in our next issue for the world to admire. Creativity is encouraged. The winner will not only go down in history as a totally awesome photographer, but will also have a chance to be featured in an Immersion Travel Magazine issue!
Our fourth Phenomenal Photo Friday contest topic is...
In light of our temporary tiny house guest, (who we found in a bush outside of our apartment and later found a great home for) the theme for this week will encompass all small felines spotted during travels.
1. Images must be genuine. No Photoshop editing that takes out, adds in or changes anything that was in the original scene. (We have a killer photo editor who can tell if images have been tampered with, so no funny business.)
2. Images must be in focus and must be no more than 1,000 pixels in length on the longest side.
3. No animals, creepy crawlies, plants, or humans can be harmed for the purpose of creating the photograph. (Be cool.)
4. You are allowed to submit 1 image every week and you must include: your name (no pseudonyms please), your age (you must be over 18 to enter), a caption for the image, the location the image was taken, and your jpeg image. These materials should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your subject must say "Photo Contest (weekly topic)"
5. Our Creative Director, Christopher Scotti, will be determining who makes the cut and will post results Friday nights.
6. Even if you don't win, your photograph may be selected to be featured in an issue. Please keep a full sized RAW or Jpeg file as we may request one in the event we decide to feature your image.
Legal jazz: By submitting your photograph into the contest you are agreeing to allow Immersion Travel Magazine LLC to use your image in any published materials including but not limited to: advertisements and promotional materials, issues or periodical publications and social media outlets. We believe in giving credit where credit is due and will always give credit for images you submit. Be sure to double check the spelling of your name upon submission so we can publish it properly. In instances where we would normally purchase images, the photographer will be contacted about compensation for the use of their image. If your think an image has been used by Immersion Travel Magazine LLC without credit please contact email@example.com so we can remedy the situation. Thank you in advance for your submissions and we look forward to seeing all of your wonderful photos this week!
Example for what your submission email should contain:
Name: Clare Hancock
Location where photo was taken: Prescott, AZ
Caption: Sage the bobcat enjoying an afternoon nap at the Heritage Park Animal Sanctuary in Prescott, Arizona.